Energies for the future and enabling energy-transition towards renewable sources of energy, through the development of new sources or vectors with low impact on greenhouse gases, climate change, and the environment, and through a maximization of the energy efficiency in industrial processes, transportation and housing.
Call for proposals (theses)
- Multi-objective optimization of an eco-district energy hub with Hydrogen as energy vector, including generation and conversion of energy technologies – Doctoral School : RP2E
- Decentralised intelligent control for multi-carrier microgrids applications – Doctoral School : IAEM
- How design the future hydrogen users’ needs? A contribution of prospective ergonomics. – Doctoral School : STANISLAS
- Elaboration and electrocatalytical properties of Nitrogen-doped graphenic foams as oxygen reduction reaction materials for proton exchange membrane fuel cells – Doctoral School : EMMA
- Hydrogen production using nanostructured perovskite-type oxide and reduced graphene oxide – Doctoral School : RP2E
- Definition of a Domain Specific Language for the cosimulation of hydrogen-powered microgrids – Doctoral School : IAEM
In the coming years, LUE will among others enable us to launch ambitious and focused projects to solve key issues within these challenges, and to offer highly visible graduate curricula on specialized topics.
To initiate the program, we are pleased to open several PhD positions starting in September / October 2017. If you are interested in one of these positions, please send your full CV and a letter of application to the doctoral school responsible for the hiring, before April 30, 2017, and to the listed PhD supervisor. Feel free to contact the latter for more details on the position.
How to apply
In order to prepare a PhD thesis within the Lorraine Université d’Excellence Program, the interested candidate should consult the PhD topics offered in each social and economic challenges.
These PhD thesis topics are proposed by faculty members or researchers accredited to supervise research.
Candidate application period: according to graduate school schedule (visit each topic)
Each candidate may submit an application on up to three separate research topics.
Application analysis period by each graduate school
The graduate school reviews the applicants for a doctoral contract in the relevant disciplines. They check the level of supervision for each supervisor and the situation of trained doctors. Each candidate will meet the laboratory director, supervisor and a representative from the graduate school. This interview is to identify the candidate’s motivations and suitability as a candidate for the PhD project proposed by the supervisor. A recommendation will be made to the graduate school. This will summarize the strengths and/or weaknesses of the application.
PhD grants will include monthly income for the PhD student (roughly 1700 € for research only, complement can be provided for teaching missions) and environment for research in the research unit.
Please be aware that in order to offer a variety of subjects, more positions are posted here than available funding. The LUE executive committee will make the final choice on the granted funding (up to 12 positions), based on the recommendations by the doctoral schools.