Biology and Health, Life and Earth Sciences
Professional Activity Branch (BAP): A
Category: Genetic Epidemiology and Genomics
Designing, developing, adapting and experimenting new methodologies of genetic, genomic, trasncriptomics and epigenetics epidemiology within the framework of research linked with “omics” factors that determine the telomere length (TL).
The principal objectives of this job are:
- To elucidate the genetic determinants of the TL in cohorts composed of healthy adults and children.
- To analyse the results of the analyses using bioinformatics tools for the identification of the molecular mechanisms that linked with the factors identified in the previous step and their functional consequences.
Université de Lorraine
Main activities (broken down by missions / themes up to 5):
– Define a coherent set of epidemiological and statistical methods for the analysis of associations of genetics with the TL and their interactions with environmental factors. The measurements of TL will be performed in the Telomere laboratory in the INSERM Unit 1116 (Pr A. Benetos): Evaluation and validation of the selection of methods that are mostly adapted for the analyses of healthy populations in a cross-sectional design.
– Develop the pipeline of statistical analysis and performing the statistical analyses.
-Perform the bioinformatics analyses
– Management of the data and analysis, interpretation and validation of the results
– Disseminate and promote technological results and achievements: writing of reports, protocols and publications, participation in meetings and conferences.
– Training on the principles and implementation of the technics of statistical analyses and interpretation of the results and supervision of the users of these technics. Creating an analysis pipeline for this work that can help the researchers who have not experience on the data analysis.
– Ensure a scientific and technological surveillance in the field of the “omics” data epidemiology and the statistical analysis.
– Apply and enforce the health and safety rules of the structure
– Participate in the drafting of applications for call of funding.
– Participation in the organisation of the ‘Santorini Conferences’
TERMS AND TENURE
This two-year position will be based at the UMR INSERM U1122; IGE-PCV « Gene-Environment Interactions in Cardio-vascular Physiopathology ». The duration can not exceed 24 months.
Identity of the director of the structure: Dr. Sofia Siest
Function of the director of the structure: Research Director INSERM – Director of UMR INSERM Unit U1122; IGE-PCV
The Unit’s research project aims at personalised medicine for cardiovascular pathologies by providing solid evidence on « omics » data to allow informed decisions within the health systems. The candidate will work on telomere genomics in accordance with the objectives of the GEENAGE project.
The measurements of TL will be performed in the Telomere laboratory in the INSERM Unit 1116 (Pr A. Benetos)
The target start date for the position is April 2018, with some flexibility on the exact start date.
Work quota (expressed in%): 100%
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants are requested to submit the following materials:
• A cover letter applying for the position
• Full CV and list of publications
• Academic transcripts (unofficial versions are fine)
Deadline for application is April, 27th 2018. Applicants will be interviewed by an Ad Hoc Commission by [end of Mars].
Applications are only accepted through email. All documents must be sent to [firstname.lastname@example.org]
UMR INSERM U1122; IGE-PCV, University of Lorraine, Nancy, France
– Genetic epidemiology and data analysis and epistatic and environmental interactions in healthy populations with cross-sectional design
– Research of cardiovascular diseases and intermediaite phenotypes
– Big data analyses
Operational know-how :
– Design and realization of methods of analysis of genetic data (GWAS and candidate gene) (expert)
– Develop scientific and technological expertise in statistical analysis of genetic epidemiology of healthy populations and intermediate phenotypes
– Conduct analyzes of epistatic and environmental interactions
– Use of statistical analysis software (R, PLINK) (master)
– Write scientific documents (expert)
– Sense of human relations
– Team spirit
- Curriculum Vitae – Your most recently updated C.V. including list of publications
- Cover Letter
- Statement of Research